Custom Screens and Custom Windows will provide written product and/or product and installation pricing for all customers. Pricing will be supplied for one or more of the following:
- Preliminary Quote *
- Quote **
- Supply Only Order Form ***
- Online Ordering System (wholesale security products only) ****
See below for definitions
Custom Screens and Custom Windows provide the below information regarding our quoting process, for specific information around the pricing supplied on Preliminary Quotes, Quotes, Supply Only Order Forms and the Online Ordering System please see Quote Definitions.
- Custom Screens & Security will not be responsible for items discussed on-site, but not included on the quote
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to check the final quote and items listed on it. Custom Screens and Custom Windows will always do everything it can to ensure correct quoting and listing of required items, but sometimes by no fault, items can be accidentally missed.
- It is important that you check your quote prior to signing (or paying the deposit) as what is on the final quote will stand. Any items missed off the quote or requested to be added or amended will require an additional quote and could incur additional costs and delays in reconfirming.
- All changes to the specific quote must be submitted in writing to Custom Screens & Security via email or presented in person. Custom Screens and Custom Windows will not be held responsible for changes to the quote if we have not received a written approval.
- Custom Screens & Security itemised prices are based on the confirmation of the full
- If items are deleted a surcharge may apply and delays may occur.
- This may include a minimum service call, minimum powder-coat charge and installation fee and is subject to the final confirmation
Quote or Product Cancellations
Custom Screens and Custom Windows provide the below information regarding our quote cancellation process, for specific information around the pricing supplied on Preliminary Quotes, Quotes, Supply Only Order Forms and the Online Ordering System please see Quote Definitions.
Custom Screens and Custom Windows have a strict policy on cancellations of quotes or items from a quote. Terms are as follows:
- Once a quote has been approved by a Customer and deposit paid, if the Customer wishes to cancel the quote order, the deposit may be refunded, although any material or labour ordered or associated with this quote order will be charged and taken from the deposit amount.
- Once a quote time is approved by the Customer and Custom Screens or Custom Windows, the property must be accessible to our quote manager or the Customer and/or Customer’s authorised person must be available at the time specified. We require at minimum 24hours notification of changes to the quote time/meeting. Failure to do so will incur a service charge. This includes if the job has proceeded with another contractor the meeting/quote time still stands until we are informed not to attend the site.
- Dependant on at what stage of the production and/or installation, a percentage progress fee charge may apply.
- If items are deleted a surcharge may apply.
- This may include a minimum service call, minimum powder-coat charge and/or installation fee and is subject to the final confirmation.
- A lead time (or approximate order supply date or installation date) will be normally be provided on the quote. The lead time is calculated from when a deposit is received to the order supply or installation date.
- A lead time may alter if the quote includes special items such as but not limited to, non-standard colours, decorative items or special-order products.
Supply & Installation Guidelines
Custom Screens and Custom Windows provide the below information regarding our quoting and Installation process, for specific information regarding Preliminary Quotes, Quotes, Supply Only Order Forms and the Online Ordering System please see Quote Definitions. Custom Screens and/or Custom Windows will endeavour to provide approximately 1 weeks’ notice prior to an installation occurring. It is the Customer’s responsibility to attend or have a authorised person to attend on the installation day, any nonattendance resulting in Custom Screens or Custom Windows not able to start installation may incur charges. A 24mth parts and labour guarantee is offered to our customers. Our products carry their own manufacturer warranty’s, please see Warranty section of this document.
- Custom Screens and/or Custom Windows will not be held responsible for any damage to abutting walls if damaged, when removing old window or door frames.
- When requested by Custom Screens or Custom Windows, Customers will need to remove any window coverings and/or furniture around the area where products are being installed, to ensure a correct and efficient installation.
- Any additional fitting aids required to complete a safe installation such as but not limited to scissor lifts, scaffolding etc will be organised by Client as advised by Custom Screens and will be charged at the Client’s expense.
- Plaster damage, exposed timber, render damage or other items may result and are unforeseen until the items are removed as some removals can be difficult depending on space and fixture.
- Custom Screens and/or Custom Windows will do its very best to forewarn Customers of the removal difficulty.
- From time to time there may be some damage that cannot be helped in the removal of old products. This unforeseen damage will need to be repaired by the Customer and Custom Screens and/or Custom Windows will not be held responsible. If Custom Screens or Custom Windows need to add extra trim as a result, a surcharge will apply.
- All existing frames and materials removed from the area where the new items are being installed belong to the Customer.
- All items will be left behind unless the Client in writing requests them to be removed from the site.
- Custom Screens & Security consider it stealing if these items are removed from the site without the Customer’s permission.
- A surcharge may apply if the Customer requests collection after the installer has left the site and we need to return.
- When installing security screens and security doors, the security aspect is paramount, Custom Screens & Security has its own in-house techniques to fit your screens as gap-free as possible. In some instances, some packing may be required to fill the gaps left by “out of square” or” bowed” doors and windows and this, on occasion, may cause unparalleled lines.
Note: Water drainage needs to be considered when installing screens on windows and doors.
- Once complete there may be small gaps that will be exaggerated by daylight, but small enough to stop insects from getting in.
- These gaps have been allowed for water drainage. We cannot seal these gaps as water may then backflow into the house causing damage
Supply Only Guidelines
Custom Screens and Custom Windows provide the below information regarding our supply only quoting process, for specific information regarding Preliminary Quotes, Quotes, Supply Only Order Forms and the Online Ordering System please see Quote Definitions.
- Custom Screens and/or Custom Windows will not supply the following items with product orders unless specifically requested on the quote. Items are but not limited to, Site Fixings (screws or rivets), subframes, angles and/or trackwork.
- Custom Screens and Custom Windows will appropriately pack all items ready for transport as required for a fee. The packing will be required to be itemised and charged on the final quote.
- The Customer is responsible to organise adequate transport of goods from the factory.
- Custom Screens and Custom Windows may assist with onsite measurements, when previously requested by a customer, mainly for technical, large, or difficult projects. The measurements or product selection obtained on site will not be taken as final choices or measurements required to start production.
- The Customer must supply (but not limited to) sizes, materials, colours and mesh types and additional products in writing and a quote to be raised for confirmation.
- Customers will be required to pay in full on completion of stages as invoiced, any further stage or installation/supply will not be released until the outstanding invoice is paid in full.
- Custom Screens and Custom Windows are not responsible to provide site ratings.
Custom Screens and Custom Windows offer a 24month standard parts and labour warranty.
Aluminium Framing – 7 Years structural warranty supplied by Carinya
Invisi-Gard mesh – 15-year screen warranty supplied by Alspec.
Invisi-Maxx mesh – 15-year screen warranty supplied by Alspec.
Alu-Gard -7-year screen warranty supplied by Alspec.
Alu-Gard Edge -7-year screen warranty supplied by Alspec
Vision-Gard– 7-year screen warranty supplied by Alspec.
Alu-Grille -7-year screen warranty supplied by Alspec.
Austral Locks – 7-year tarnish resistant and 10-year limited mechanical by Austral.
Whitco Locks-10-year mechanical warranty supplied by ASSA-ABLOY
Window, Door and Screen Warranty
- Sliding screen doors are installed with rollers on top and bottom of the door to ensure maximum tension in the door to prevent the door from bouncing off the tracks. The rollers are a guide for a door to close and lock. Custom Screens & Custom Windows will not be held responsible if the door is knocked off the tracks when the door is open in general use.
- Call out fees will apply to refit a door that has come off the tracks that have no signs of a product fault.
- Hinge door closers are designed to open out to a maximum of 90 degrees. Excessive force may cause the door closer to break from the brackets. This is not covered under warranty as they are designed to break rather than do damage to your door frame.
- If the door closer has a product fault it will be covered under warranty
- Custom Screens & Custom Windows always adheres to its warranty promises. However, in some unfortunate cases where we have been misled and the warranties are null in void, in this instance we will the Customer with the fees involved with product testing.
- Custom Screens & Security sends all faulty products off to get tested to ensure faults are reduced and do not reoccur. These tests do have a cost if it comes back to the Customer’s fault.
- Hinge doors are fixed to absorb external impact, any internal force may cause the frames to bend out and affect the locking mechanism.
- The main cause of this is dogs running into the door. A call-out fee will occur to repair frames if required.
Security Screen Cleaning – Manufacturer Warranty Guidelines
- Security Screens must be cleaned with a mild detergent, any harsh chemicals or use of methylated spirits or abrasive cleaning products will affect the condition of the powder coat and void the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Powder coating on security screens and frames have a 7-year warranty. Frames will be replaced at no charge if it is a fault of the powder coating process.
- Any warranty claims on Frames or mesh will be sent back to the painters and tested for any fault. If there are signs of foreign chemicals and not a product fault a charge for the replacement and product test will be charged back to the Customer before repair or installation.
Payment Terms – Trade Accounts
Trade Accounts are approved accounts between wholesale business customers and Custom Screens and Custom Windows. Trade accounts are subject to terms stipulated in the Credit Request form and the company’s terms and Conditions. Credit Checks will be part of the assessments criteria.
Jobs installed in stages will have progressive payments, payments due will need to be paid in full prior to the next stage progressing.
Payment Terms – General Sales
Custom Screens requires a 50% deposit upon accepting the quotation. (This does not apply to those who have a trade account with Custom Screens). If paying your deposit via direct deposit, please use the quote number as reference to the below account.
BSB – 036 062
Acc – 591 381
Full balance is required before or at Pick Up (No exceptions )
If the client proceeds with a payment plan, this will apply to the full job total and not the discounted total.
Payment Terms – Wholesale Sales
Custom Screens requires a 25% deposit upon accepting the quotation. (This does not apply to those who have a trade account with Custom Screens and Custom Windows)
We do offer payment plans this will be approved on a case-by-case situation.
The total is divided into 4 interest free payments of 25% of the total to be paid only via debit card:
- As a deposit to get the order started
- At installation
- 30 days after installation
- 60 days after installation
Note: If the client wishes to go ahead with a payment plan, any and ALL discounts outlined on the quote will be removed.
Note: For Jobs over $10 000, we will require an additional 40% payment prior to the installation of the job, with the balance due on completion.
Please use the quote number as reference to the below account, if paying your deposit via direct deposit,
BSB – 036 062
Acc – 591 381
Phone Payment Option
If you want to pay with credit card over the phone, you can call our office to make a credit card payment. However, please note that there is a 1% surcharge if you choose to do so.
After making payment send a copy of your remittance to email@example.com . Once it has cleared into the allocated account, a receipt confirming payment will be emailed out to the client.
Picking Up Orders
All Pickups are to be done between 7:30am to 2:30pm Monday-Friday, during the factory’s opening hours.
Any clients coming to pick up their order outside of these times, without prior arrangements will be asked to return at a preorganised time.
Custom screens do not provide packing/protection unless the client requests to do so (at an additional cost).
Customer is responsible to ensure that the goods are handled with care after picking up. Any damages to the screens after pickup are at the client’s expense to repair or replace.
Preliminary quote is a quote priced, prior to a site visit, this can be achieved from customer supplied measurements or pictures.
A Preliminary quote:
- This is not a guaranteed price., Preliminary quote pricing is subject to change once a full onsite measurement is completed.
- Based on “Time of Enquiry” update at Final Quote
- Manufacture, supply and install of the products will not commence based on a preliminary quote.
- A Customer may choose to pay a deposit based on a preliminary quote, this can help secure an installation date. If the Customer does not wish to continue once a quote has been provided from the onsite measure, then the client is entitled to a refund of the fully paid deposit (minus the surcharge)
A quote is a written quote supplied once a site visit and measure has been completed.
A quote is subject to the following conditions:
- Customers are responsible for reviewing item quantities, colours, designs, and pricing before placing the order.
- The Customer must ensure that Billing details on quote are in full and relate to an Order form as required.
- A quote is based on all items listed on the quote only.
- A quote is valid for 30 days, price is subject to change outside of the 30-day period.
- Once a Quote is approved and the deposit is paid, the price will be honoured for a 90-day period. Prices may vary depending on supply charges,
- Additional items not in the quote will be added with an additional surcharge.
- Any changes made to a quote must be adjusted accordingly on the order form and a re-quote provided.
- Changes will only be accepted in writing via email, changes on the phone are deemed not complete until email confirmation received.
- Changes to quotes may incur longer lead time.
Supply Only Order Form
The Supply Only Order Form relates to a customer who requires a product to be manufactured and supplied directly to them, with no installation labour required from Custom Screens. The Supply Only Order Form requires product measurements, colours, and additional materials to be itemised for production and quotation purposes.
The Supply Only Order Form:
- Is not a final Quote, an invoice will be supplied based on information in this form as final pricing.
- Measurements supplied by the customer on the Supply Only Order Form are deemed correct, and all goods will be manufactured based on this information.
- Custom Screens does not check measure a Supply Only Order Form.
- No additional miscellaneous paperwork or emails will be accepted as a Supply Only Order Form.
Online Ordering System
The Online Ordering System is designed for wholesale customers who require a product to be manufactured and supplied directly to them, with no installation labour required from Custom Screens. The Online Ordering System requires the customer to input required product measurements, colours, and additional materials to be itemised for production and quotation purposes. The Online Ordering System:
- Is not a final Quote, invoice
- Measurements supplied by the customer on the Online Ordering System are deemed correct and all goods will be manufactured based on this information.
- Custom Screens does not check measure an Online Ordering System order unless specific request has been made based on technical requirements.
- No additional miscellaneous paperwork or emails will be accepted with an Online Ordering System
- Once a order is submitted, no changes can be made online. The client must contact the office and supply any changes in writing via email.