A quote is based on all items listed on the quote only and is locked in for 30 days.
- Clients are responsible for reviewing item quantities, colours and designs before placing the order.
- Additional items not in the quote may be added with an additional surcharge.
- Custom Screens & Security requires a 25.0% deposit as a form of acceptance before any work commences.
Custom Screens & Security will not be responsible for items discussed on-site, but not included on the quote.
- Clients are responsible for reviewing that all items listed in the quote match what was discussed with the sales consultant.
- Although Custom Screens & Security does everything it can to ensure correct quoting, items can sometimes by no fault, be accidentally missed.
- It is important that you check your quote prior to signing (or paying the deposit) as what is on the quote will stand and items missed off will require an additional quote and incur additional costs.
Custom Screens & Security will always take reasonable care when working on your property.
- However, Custom Screens & Security will not be held responsible for any damage to abutting walls if damaged when removing old window or door frames.
- Plaster damage, exposed timber, render damage or other items may result and are unforeseen until the items are removed as some removals can be difficult depending on space and fixture.
- Custom Screens & Security will do its very best to forewarn clients of the removal difficulty.
- From time to time there may be some damage that cannot be helped in the removal of old products.
- This unforeseen damage will need to be repaired by the client and Custom Screens & Security will not be held responsible/ If Custom Screens & Security need to add extra trim as a result, a surcharge will apply.
Custom Screens & Security itemised prices are based on the confirmation of the full quote.
- If items are deleted a surcharge may apply.
- This may include a minimum service call, minimum powder-coat charge and installation fee and is subject to the final confirmation.
All changes to the specific quote must be submitted in writing to Custom Screens & Security.
- This can be done in person in the office or emailed through.
- Custom Screens & Security will not be held responsible for changes to the quote if we have not received a written change and agreed in a time frame that has not incurred any charges for products or services that have been signed off on.
Jobs cancelled after a deposit has been paid can be refunded minus the cost of ordered material or labour.
- A percentage fee may also apply depending on the stage where the job is cancelled.
Sliding screen doors are installed with rollers on top and bottom of the door to ensure maximum tension in the door to prevent the door from bouncing off the tracks.
- The rollers are a guide for a door to close and lock. Custom Screens & Security will not be held responsible if the door is knocked off the tracks when the door is open in general use.
- Common causes are children and pets running past the open door knocking it off the tracks resulting in the door falling over.
- When the door is locked it is secure in the closing channel and interlocks, providing the security the door was intended for.
- Call out fees will apply to refit a door that has come off the tracks that have no signs of a product fault.
Cleaning screens must be done using mild detergent.
- Any harsh chemicals or use of methylated spirits or abrasive cleaning products may affect the condition of the powder coat.
- Powdercoating has a 7-year warranty and frames will be replaced at no charge if it is a fault.
- Frames and mesh will be sent to the painters and tested for fault. If there are signs of foreign chemicals and not a product fault, a charge for the replacement and product test will be charged back to the client.
Custom Screens & Security believes we are fair with all warranty work.
- However, in unfortunate cases where we are misled and the warranties are void, we will have to charge out all fees involved with product testing.
- Custom Screens & Security sends all faulty products off to get tested to ensure faults are reduced and do not reoccur. These tests do have a cost if it comes back to the client’s fault.
- Hinge doors are fixed to absorb external impact, any internal force may cause the frames to bend out and affect the locking mechanism.
- The main cause of this is dogs running into the door. A call-out will occur to repair frames if required.
All existing frames and materials removed from the area where the latest items are being installed belong to the client.
- Custom Screens & Security consider it stealing if removed from the site without the client’s permission.
- All items will be left behind unless the client in writing requests them to be removed from the site.
- A surcharge may apply if the client requests collection after the installer has left the site and we need to return.
When installing security screens and doors, the security aspect is paramount.
- Custom Screens & Security has its own in house techniques to fit your screens as gap-free as possible.
- In some instances, some packing may be required to fill the gaps left by “out of square” or ”bowed” doors and windows and this, on occasion, may cause unparalleled lines.
Water drainage needs to be considered when installing screens on windows and doors.
- Once complete there may be small gaps that will be exaggerated by daylight, but small enough to stop insects from getting in.
- These gaps have been allowed for water drainage. If we seal these gaps up, water may then backflow into the house causing damage.
Hinge door closers are designed to open out to a maximum of 90 degrees.
- Excessive force may cause the door closer to break from the brackets.
- This is not covered under warranty as they are designed to break rather than do damage to your door frame.
- Causes of this are gusts of wind forcing the door past its 90 degrees, or clients forcing the door past its maximum opening.
- If the door closer has a product fault it will be covered under warranty.
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure all existing timber windows are functional before Custom Screens & Security installs screens to the window.
- Custom Screens & Security will not be held responsible if the timber windows are jammed or are hard to operate.
- It will be the client’s responsibility to fix timber frames to ensure no damage to screen hardware (windouts) due to excessive force.
- Causes for timber windows to not operate well could be swelling in the timber or excessive paint causing the windows to seize up.